How long it takes to feel the effects of CBD Oil (after each serving), and how long those effects may last will vary from person to person. These are general guidelines to provide a helpful place to start.
Also keep in mind, you may not feel the effects right away. Since CBD is an herb not medication, it can take some time to build up in your system and achieve balance before you notice benefits.
To achieve maximum benefits, daily dosing is recommended and may even be necessary. You may read others reporting immediate results from their CBD, and that is possible. But it’s not necessarily the norm. It can take 2-4 weeks, sometimes even longer for full affect.
- Vaping will have the quickest onset time usually around 5-10 minutes
- Typically effects may last about 2-3 hours
- Highest efficacy (up to 90% is absorbed)
- Typically onset time is 20-30 minutes because they are sublingual and absorbed through capillaries under the tongue, bypassing digestion.
- Typically effects may last anywhere from 5-10 hours and for some people the effects last all day.
- High efficacy taken sublingually (average up to 75% absorbed)
- Drops onset time are middle of the road generally 30-45 minutes. They can be taken sublingually. However they do not stay under the tongue nearly as well as the concentrates. So a higher percentage of tincture drops will go through the digestive process.
- Typically effects may last about 4 hours
- Medium efficacy (average 45%- 55% is absorbed)
- These will have the longest onset time of about 60-90 minutes. This is because they have to go through the entire digestive system.
- Typically effects may last about 5-10 hours.
- Low efficacy (much of the product is undigested and will not be utilized)
This is a post Mary gave me permission to share from our private facebook community page as she was so kindly encouraging another member.
“Jason No you are not screwed! I have been there, feeling what you are feeling not so long ago. First and foremost for me taking CBD is about getting healthy. In the last 2 months I have changed my lifestyle and diet. It all works together. It took about 4 weeks to begin to feel the effects. Catherine Marie is 100% correct, don’t give up! Keep moving forward in a positive manner….. it will come. I eat plant based diet for 6 now, lost 14 lbs, walk and aqua aerobics at the Y almost daily, I now sleep better, feel better and feel a little more balanced, less stress. I feel happiness just knowing I’m going in the right direction. Hang in there and fight for your life, you will win!!! Thank you Catherine Marie.????????????” – Mary G
Click here to learn more about how to get started on a plant based anti-inflammatory diet
All the best to your health!