Served warm or cold, high plant based protein meal
- 1 cup Quinoa, dry
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt (plus a little extra)
- Black pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa well in a mesh strainer with cold water.
- Transfer quinoa to a pot and add the 2 cups cold water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and leave the lid of the pot slightly ajar while cooking. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until quinoa is plump, the water is absorbed, and you see the tiny little outer “shells” of the quinoa grain coming loose in the pot.
- Remove quinoa from heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes or so. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- While quinoa is still hot, add and mix in peas, basil, hemp seeds and all other ingredients in large bowl. Read to serve 🙂
Be In Health!!
Catherine Rudolph, CNC
Certified Nutrition Consultant